This course aims to provide persons involved with rigging & slinging with the necessary theoretical and practical knowledge of:
- Requirements for the marking of lifting components
- Pre / Post user control and correct storage of equipment
- Discard criteria
- Recommended practice - IMCA SEL 019 , LOLER 1998, API RP 2D
- Enterprise of Competence & end user equipment inspection
Furthermore, persons involved with signalling, via radio or hand signals, will gain knowledge of:
- Correct use of radio and hand signal communication to ensure safe lifting operations.
- Planning of lifting routes and lay down areas.
- Safe Job Analysis & Risk assessment