Are you our new Business Development Manager, in Houston?
As our new Business Development Manager you will facilitate and develop new business growth in offshore and onshore businesses in an effort to grow revenue in areas such as Mexico, West Texas (Permian), Gulf-of-Mexico (GoM), Trinidad and Canada to expand our Oil & Gas, Maritime and Safety training solutions across North America. To grow our business we require an experienced, ambitious and dynamic individual with a proven track record of growing revenue through business development in the Oil & Gas sector.
You will get ample opportunities to put your commercial skills to test and be a part of the Maersk Training Houston team working out of our Houston facility.
The Business Development Manager will report directly to the North America Managing Director and will be responsible for the following:
- Building new customers and expanding the North America training business to locally support our global strategic growth agenda.
- Analysis of the North America market to include understanding of safety issues, oil & gas industry conditions, training and technical advancements, competitor analysis and identifying leads and opportunities which support our current business as well as strategic initiatives.
- Develop and grow existing business areas such as GoM and support new growth areas including Permian basin, Mexico, Trinidad and Canada.
- Building strong customer relations in the Oil & Gas sector including developing and executing strategies for customer engagements, oil & gas conferences, and externally reaching out to key customers to become a solution partner.
- Developing business cases, drafting customer proposals and contracts, leading commercial negotiations, participating in tender processes, and closing offers.
- Understanding Maersk Training’s full product line and cooperating with our operational subject matter experts to design customized products to fit customer needs and to ensure course delivery.
- Following our sales processes, achieving sales/revenue targets, implementing best practices and maintaining customer data in our systems (CRM).
- Traveling to meet customers, attend conferences, and to market our product lines.
Who are we looking for
We are looking for an experienced sales and business development person who has well established relationships in the Oil & Gas sector in the areas where we are growing our business. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate and provide examples of a successful track record of sales growth within the Oil & Gas sector.
The candidate must:
- Be highly self-driven and result oriented
- Have extensive knowledge and experience in business development in the Oil & Gas sector (minimum 3-5 years)
- Have a strong track record of achieving sales targets and revenue growth in the Oil & Gas sector
- Currently hold strong established relationships with customer in the Oil & Gas sector– having relationships with customers operating in GoM, Mexico and Permian is a strong plus
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal, writing and negotiation skills
- Experience building network events with customers and building business through networking at conferences, etc.
- Have a willingness to travel, take on new projects and be part of both a local and global sales team
- Be fluent in both English and Spanish both verbally and in writing
- Experience as an Instructor in the Oil & Gas sector is a plus
- Experience using CRM is a plus
For further information, please contact: Corinn Coco Nattalie Mejer via