Maersk Training (MT), a global training company and independent business unit of Maersk, focuses on solutions for clients in oil & gas, maritime and wind industries. The company have invested heavily in building advanced simulation to provide realistic training and deliver more than textbook theory. Maersk Training plan and tailor training to the reality of the people they train. And as we live in a dynamic, progressing world, we believe in constant development and continuously improving our solutions. The MT team of +700 industry professionals offers training and other services across all continents with a network of worldwide training facilities. The MT Strategy and Transformation With an unprecedented energy transition underway , the industries MT serves are changing fast, hence embarked on a strategy review together with Kearney to define the strategy for MT for the next 5-10 years. MT will in Q3 commence the strategy implementation and transformation, expecting it to address business decisions, investments, digital transformation, way of working as well as cultural aspects.
The newly established position of CDO in MT reports to Vice President and CEO David Skov. The new role will become a core member of the senior leadership team working closely together with other key functions such as Operations, Finance, Commercial, HR and Managing Directors. Maersk Training is looking for a well versatile candidate with lots of experience in transforming IT into solid business value. The candidate will be heading up several teams, and take the lead and the responsibility ensuring Maersk Training continuously improves and adapt, to a rapidly changing digital environment within several industries and across multiple continents.
The CDO will be responsible for creating and delivering on a Digital-strategy bridging architecture, governance, and technology structure, with the right selection and implementation of applications, development projects, e-commerce, and digital customer interactions. The list of ongoing projects is long and we expect the list to grow as ideas are many.
Our ambition is to rethink and create a new digital platform that will enable Maersk Training to be the lighthouse within safety and performance training.
• Act as a strategic expert and visionary for digital; and be a passionate advocate of digital transformation within the organisation
• Create the structure and the guidelines for how Maersk Training work with IT project management and make sure projects are implemented accordingly
• Responsible for end-to-end digital strategy, design and implementation of the company’s digital roadmap
• Maintain a high level of focus on the governance and compliance structure and manage all stakeholders.
• Strong in setting the future direction of how we work with data to create strong value proposition for ways of learning and using data to create customer insight and data driven performance improvement.
We are looking for
• Min. 5-7 years’ experience in a similar role, designing & launching digital strategy, platform implementation and infrastructure projects
• Strong leadership and willingness and passion to lead
• Curious by nature and have a natural interest in the training industry (experience from the training industry/educational world is an advantage)
• Comfortable working in a complex, global, and fast-moving environment
• Superior problem-solving skills; fast to output, tenacious, and resourceful
• Well-developed analytical mindset and verbal- & written communication skills
• You are a relationship and trust builder and hold strong stakeholder management skills; ability to connect and work across functions and disciplines and engage with all levels of organization, from CEO to frontline
• Think the learner experience and training of the future into solutions
• Relevant university degreeAt Maersk Training (and Maersk) we value the diversity of our talent and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams. We always strive to recruit the best person for the job across gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disabilities and religious beliefs
The role is based in Svendborg (DK) but alternative locations in or outside Denmark can be considered for the relevant candidate. It is expected that the role will spend the necessary time in the MT HQ as well as with the team in Chennai and visiting our global businesses and customers.