The Abrasive Wheels training course is to enable delegates to work safely, to provide an understanding of current legislation and promote awareness of the dangers and hazards of abrasive wheels. The course will offer practical steps to reduce workplace accidents and encourage workers to adopt a culture that results in a safer workplace.
The course consists of the following:
- Provides a brief outline of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.
- Safety in the use of abrasive wheels HSG17.
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 1998.
- The correct use of PPE.
- Hazards arising from use of abrasive wheels.
- Methods of storing, handling & transporting of abrasive wheels.
- Mounting procedures & precautions of abrasive wheels.
- Both Bench and Portable Machines.
- Safe use of the machines and equipment.
This course is designed to increase your knowledge of the safe working practices required for using abrasive wheels and associated equipment.