Danish Medical Care (DMC)
That the participant supplements his STCW skills and competences in accordance with Council Directive 92/29/EEC of 31 March 1992 on the minimum safety and health requirements for improved medical treat-ment on board vessels, Notice A, chapter IX B, and this order
- Practical use of the contents of medicine
- chest category A and CR.
- Practical training in the use of pre-hospital procedures in connection with diseases and accidents, including the making of Radio Medical records.
- Practical training of invasive procedures.
- Eye examination, including the removal of foreign bodies.
- Emergency dental treatment, including broken tooth, lost tooth, lost filling and tooth abscess.
- Treatment of wounds, including observations, cleaning, suturation, the use of skin glue, steristrips.
- Insertion of a urethral catheter and a urine stix.
- Malaria test.
- Blood sugar measurement.
- Heart-lung rescue, incl. the use of a ventilation bag and AED.
- Hand hygiene, incl. the use of gloves and other protective equipment.
- Making a complete Radio Medical record.
- Communication with Radio Medical.
- Handling persons with mental crises and acute psychosis.
- Handling hyperthermic persons.
The objective of the learning outcome to ensure that the participant