Diver Related First Aid Refresher Training
*Below prices are including WINDA Fee
The Global Wind Organisation (GWO) Basic Safety Training (BST) is designed to provide personnel with the basic skills that will enable them to work in a safe manner in the wind industry and to meet emergency response training requirements for personnel new to the global wind industry. It is designed to accommodate personnel working both onshore and offshore.
The aim of this course is to administer safe and effective first aid in the wind turbine industry in accordance with Global Wind Organisation (GWO) Basic Safety Training (BST) First Aid training through theoretical and practical training.
After completion of the course, the delegate will have achieved skills and basic knowledge about:
- Global and regional legislation.
- First aid guidelines ERC & AHA.
- Risks and hazards.
- Anatomy, structure, functions and symptoms.
- Use of first aid principles in emergency situations.
- Serious/minor illness and injuries.
- Management of an incident.
- Safety awareness in an emergency situation.
- Emergency rescue team.
- Primary & secondary incidents.
- Lifesaving first aid.
- A-B-C principles and primary survey.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and practice exercise.
- AED safety procedures and correct use of an AED.
- Managing minor and serious incidents.
- Psychological first aid.
- Demonstration of first aid equipment.
- Scenario based training.
Upon completion the delegate will be able to demonstrate:
- The importance of carrying out first aid in a safe manner in accordance with legislative requirements of their geographic location and according to ERC and AHA guidelines.
- Identify and explain normal function, normal signs, functions and symptoms of serious and minor injuries and illness related to the human body.
- Correct order of management in an emergency situation in a Wind Turbine Generator environment.
- Correct use of lifesaving first aid using the primary survey A-B-C.
- Correct use of an automatic external defibrillator (AED).
- Correct use of ordinary first aid and the secondary survey.
- Correct use of first aid equipment in a first aid scenario.