GWO Blade Repair
*Below prices are including WINDA Fee
This Standard has been developed in response to the demand for recognizable blade repair training in the industry. It has been prepared in cooperation with the members of GWO based on specific risk assessments, data from incident and accident statistics pertaining to the installation, service and maintenance of blades on wind turbine generators and wind power plants.
Upon successful completion of the GWO blade repair training course, the delegate will be able to perform and document a wind turbine blade inspection, execute repair work in accordance with a work instruction while maintaining the aerodynamic profile and structural integrity in glass fibre reinforced composite parts of a wind turbine within the following dimensions:
- Trailing edge repairs up to 1,5 m in length
- Leading edge repairs up to 1,5 m in length
- Laminate repairs down to core material
- Core material replacement up to 200 cm²
- Surface repair to paint and gelcoat
The course is recommended for:
- WTG Technicians.
- Blade Inspectors.
To successfully complete the GWO blade repair training course the delegate must be able to:
- Demonstrate awareness of the course content and the facilities involved to ensure a clear understanding of what is expected during the course (L2 - Knowledge & Attitude)
- Demonstrate the ability to work safely with applicable chemicals while utilizing the applicable personal protective equipment in a controlled manner throughout all phases of composite inspection and repair work (L3 - Skills)
- Explain typical types of composite construction, materials and the importance of surface finish relating to aerodynamic performance and efficiency (L2 - Knowledge)
- Distinguish between and work safely in a controlled manner with epoxy, polyester, polyurethane, vinyl ester, methacrylate, reinforcement materials and solvents related to composite inspection and repair work (L3 - Skill)
- Prepare, operate and maintain the correct tools and equipment, be it electrical or mechanical (L2 - Skill)
- Demonstrate the ability to safely execute and document laminate, sandwich panel and surface layer repairs in accordance with a work instruction in glass fibre reinforced composite parts (Level 2 - Skills & Knowledge)
Course Fee in Esbjerg
- GWO WINDA registration fee is added to the price before the payment step in the online sale.
- Full day courses include breakfast and lunch.
- Half day courses include either breakfast or lunch.
- All courses include water, tea, coffee and basic refreshments during the course duration.
Course Fee in UK
- GWO WINDA registration fee included in price shown in the overview.
- Full day courses includes lunch.
- Half day courses do not include lunch.
- All courses include water, tea, coffee and basic refreshments during the course duration