The training provides course participants with basic knowledge of the manual handling regulations, illustrates the risks to health by manual handling and stresses the ergonomic approach to manual handling techniques.
During the training the following subjects will be covered:
- Definitions of manual handling
- Definition of manual handling
- Requirements of the regulations
- Problems caused by incorrect practice
- Injuries caused by incorrect practice
- Manual handling assessment
- Safe handling techniques
- Practical exercises utilising props from the workplace
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and other relevant legislation
The course is designed to ensure that practical assessments can be undertaken by course participants on completion of training. Risk reduction measures are reviewed and theoretical information relating to manual handling techniques are minimised to ensure that during the workshop case studies, real manual handling situations are undertaken.
Also, their functions are reviewed by all, allowing course participants to develop a positive view of their own assessment abilities.