Maersk Training, a global leading learning provider to the maritime, oil & gas and wind industry, is looking for an experienced and ambitious offshore crane operator to join our team in Svendborg, as crane instructor and lifting equipment specialist.
An exciting and challenging position, where you will use both your technical competence and experience, as well as your interpersonal skills. As our new Crane Instructor you will be part of an innovative company, dedicated to improve safety and operational performance, by developing crew competence in the maritime, oil & gas and wind industry.
The scope will be to deliver and develop training. Thus you will be part of a team responsible for:
• Conduct courses within our portfolio
• Operational and expert assistance to our key clients on crane and lifting operations
• Develop new courses, products and services to customers
• Ensure timely update and upgrade of the courses you are assigned responsibility for
• Keep an eye on technology development, legal requirements, industry standards and trends within offshore crane operations, and share your knowledge with the instructor team and commercial
• Support our sales organisation with expert advice and technical knowledge
We are looking for
We are looking for a person with frontline operational experience, strong technical knowledge, and the potential, ability and skills to pass on experience, knowledge and competence.
The ideal candidate will fulfil the following:
• Stage 3 or G5 certified crane operator, with minimum 3 year’s experience as offshore crane operator
• Valid Signaller Slinger certificate
• Experience in working under British and/or NORSOK regulations
• Valid Offshore Survival training (including HUET) and offshore medical (or able to obtain)
• Willing to work and travel worldwide
Further it will be considered an advantage if you are full filling any of the below:
• Certified LOLER competent person
• Certified Competency Assessor (industry recognized)
• Certified rigger
• Experienced and certified in HSE relates areas like Work at Height and Rescue, Confined Space Rescue, Authorized Gas Tester etc.
• Experienced in delivering training, conducting assessments and developing the skills of others
As a person you possess the following characteristics
• Must be highly self-driven and result oriented
• Service minded and open to new tasks
• Have a strong desire to contribute to the team success
• A structured way of working, showing attention to detail and following procedures
• Fluent in English both verbally and in writing