Are you interested in training the next generation of safety and performance-oriented drill crews? Maersk Training, a leading learning provider to the global Oil & Gas and offshore-related industries, is looking for the right people with potential, ability and willingness to pass on experience and competencies to drilling operations worldwide. We are looking for ambitious individuals to join Maersk Training in Houston.
An exciting and challenging position, where you will use both your technical competence and experience, as well as your interpersonal skills and commercial understanding. As our new Instructor, you will be part of an innovative company, dedicated to developing crew competence in the oil and gas industry, to improve safety and operational performance.
The scope will be to develop, manage and deliver technical training within process, upstream production and process safety. Thus you will:
• Conduct high-quality courses within upstream production and process safety
• Keep an eye on technology development and industry trends in oil and gas production in the US, and share your knowledge with the global team of trainers
• Development and project management of new courses and services to local customers
• Sharing successes and products developed with the global Maersk Training team
• Support our sales organisation with expert advice and technical knowledge
• Build and maintain positive customer and subcontractor relations
• Take part in maintaining our advanced simulators and developing new scenarios and exercises
• Approve, observe and report to ensure that subcontractors and service companies’ activities fulfil the Maersk Training quality parameters
• Ensure timely update and upgrade of the course portfolio, documentation, equipment, simulators, course descriptions etc.
We are looking for
An individual who has:
• Either Driller or Toolpusher experience is preferred
• Experience with Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD) or High Pressure, High-Temperature (HPHT) wells are preferred
• Preferably Bachelor Science or higher degree in Engineering (Petroleum, Chemical, Mechanical, Process or other relevant to practical O&G operations)
• Desirable experience in onshore/support functions, from HSE, Technical Excellence, Operations support or similar
• Preferably experience from delivering training and developing the skills of others
• Commercial and business development acumen
And an individual who possess the following characteristics:
• Highly self-driven and result oriented
• Service-minded and open to new tasks
• Have a strong desire to contribute to the team success
• A structured way of working, showing attention to detail and following procedures
• Fluent in English both verbally and in writing
You must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. Local candidates only; no relocation assistance is provided.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Notice: