Are you our new Head of Finance, in Rio?
Maersk Training requires an ambitious, international and dynamic individual to join the Finance department in Rio de Janeiro. You will be part of an innovative company, dedicated to developing crew competence in the oil and gas, maritime and wind industry, to improve safety and operational performance. We live our values and build strong teams of people passionate for their job and dedicated to always change for the better.
• Manage preparation of month end close reporting
• Support project controlling and internal work orders are raised in compliance with procedures
• Assist with the daily financial management work as well as accounting and controlling
• Performing monthly analysis of actuals with variance explanations
• Follow-up on bookkeeping entries and invoices handling on a daily basis
• Monitoring budgets, performing variance analysis and proposing improvement measures (Forecast analysis)
• Review financials
• Ensure all necessary controls and compliance checks are performed on periodic basis and duly signed off
• Perform detailed cost analysis and provide explanations/ cost drivers behind periodic variance
• Ensure accurate and timely cost reporting
• Develop recommendations and implement changes to processes and systems that will minimize risk, improve performance and productivity
• Review, mentor and coach the team members
We are looking for
• Education: Post Graduate or MBA in Business Finance, Economics or Business Administration.
• Hold minimum 5+ years (preferably 10 years) of work experience from positions within a finance business partnering environment, financial planning and analysis, performance management, financial controlling, or equivalent.
• Hold minimum 5+ years of accounting experience.
• Self-motivated and continuously looks for opportunities to improve financial reporting and processes by exploring new approaches and idea.
• Excellent analytical and structured working method
• High competency in written and verbal English
• Adapts easily to a fast-changing environment and ability to handle phases with high workload and unplanned activities.
• Team player – works together with others to achieve results and fosters teamwork.