Do you want to join the leading learning provider in the offshore industry? Our IT & Facilities Manager is retiring, so we are looking for an ambitious individual to join our team at Maersk Training in Houston.
An exciting and challenging position, where you will use both your technical competence and experience, as well as your interpersonal skills and commercial understanding. As our new IT & Facilities Manager, you will be part of an innovative company, dedicated to delivering the highest standard of training, to improve safety and operational performance.
The IT & Facilities Manager’s responsibilities are to manage IT Operations related to hardware management, and on-premise support with systems and applications jointly with Group IT in Denmark.
• Assisting in securing a safe and secure running of all IT/AV equipment, installations.
• Responsible for regular care, preventative maintenance, and emergency maintenance of our facility including a focus on HVAC, electrical systems, and other fixtures.
• Monitor equipment, critical parts, and inventory; place orders when necessary.
• Perform network services jointly with Group IT.
• Support on workstations.
• Support in all applications used.
• Manage phone and internet services.
• Assisting in securing that Maersk Training Houston at any time has a backup of all vital data.
• Maintenance of existing hardware registers and secure that all new investments are added.
• Report all security and IT production risks and/or breach to Maersk Training Group IT.
• Ensure that all rules and guidelines within IT is followed including detailed knowledge of APMM Commit in IT.
• Responsible for Information Security Management and Data Privacy.
• Make suggestions for improvements and cost savings and prepare quote comparisons and make suggestions to the management team.
• Ensure a trouble-free computing environment
We are looking for
An individual who has:
• You are outgoing and enthusiastic with a robust character.
• You will be highly driven, and able to work independently whilst still being able to fit within a small team.
• Think and act like an entrepreneur and be able to make decisions and assume accountability.
• Experience coordinating installations, upgrades, and maintenance.
• Troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to identify tasks that may benefit from automation and build plans to accomplish them.
• Fluent in English both verbally and in writing.
You must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. Local candidates only; no relocation assistance is provided.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Notice: