Maersk Training, a global leading learning provider to the offshore industry, is expanding our services within Oil & Gas production. Thus we are looking for an ambitious and dynamic Lead Instructor to join our team in Houston, as responsible for building up the product line within Upstream Production and Process Safety. We are looking for a person with frontline operational experience, and the potential, ability and skills to pass on experience, knowledge and competence.
An exciting and challenging position, where you will use both your technical competence and experience, as well as your interpersonal skills and commercial understanding. As our new Lead Instructor, you will be part of an innovative company, dedicated to developing crew competence in the oil and gas industry, to improve safety and operational performance.
The scope will be to develop, manage and deliver technical training within process, upstream production and process safety. Thus you will:
• Conduct high-quality courses within upstream production and process safety
• Keep an eye on technology development and industry trends in oil and gas production in the US, and share your knowledge with the global team of trainers
• Development and project management of new courses and services to local customers
• Sharing successes and products developed with the global Maersk Training team
• Support our sales organization with expert advice and technical knowledge
• Build and maintain positive customer and subcontractor relations
• Take part in maintaining our advanced simulators and developing new scenarios and exercises
• Ensure timely update and upgrade of the course portfolio, documentation, equipment, simulators, course descriptions etc.
We are looking for
We are looking for a person that has:
• Strong technical competence with a minimum 5 years demonstrated oil & gas production experience in supervisor positions on- or offshore (preferably both)
• Educational background as minimum B.Sc. in Engineering (Petroleum, Chemical, Mechanical, Process or other relevant to practical O&G operations)
• Desirable experience in onshore/support functions, from HSE, Technical Excellence, Operations support or similar
• Preferably experience from delivering training and developing the skills of others
• Commercial and business development acumen
As a person, you possess the following characteristics
• Must be highly self-driven and result oriented
• Service-minded and open to new tasks
• Have a strong desire to contribute to the team success
• A structured way of working, showing attention to detail and following procedures
• Fluent in English both verbally and in writing