Are you our new Marine and Emergency Response Instructor?
As our new Marine and Emergency Response Instructor, we offer a challenging, varied and rewarding role. You will deliver courses in theoretical and simulated environments using a variety of Operational Training Simulators. The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic and highly motivated team in the field of Marine and Emergency Response.
• Responsible for research, development and delivery of any new course training material when required.
• Ensure that the training room, simulator and all training material are prepared for course delivery.
• Co-ordinate ER training and scenario development for the OIM CE Assessments and MEM IR in line with OPITO standards.
• Co-ordinate ER training and scenario development for client specific requirement in OIM/PIC (Person in Charge) Assessments.
• Liaise with external independent assessors who assess the OIM’s in the UK and Worldwide to ensure continuity and quality of assessment procedures.
• Assess and appraise candidates for assessment such as MEM IR and OIM CE or any other subjects as required.
• Co-ordinate simulator training and scenario development and course content for Stability courses
• Co-ordinate and deliver courses for Self-Elevating Platform (Jack Up) Operations.
• Carry out basic maintenance and maintain inspection records for the Operational Training Simulator
We are looking for
We are looking for a candidate who has offshore experience in a supervisory role with emergency response responsibilities. A knowledge of marine operations on both semi-subs and jack ups is preferred. The candidate must be a highly organised individual with an eye for detail, familiar with computer systems and have a good understanding of Word, Excel and Power Point Programs.
We are looking for a candidate that has…
• Class 3 or higher DTI certificate of competency or MODU OIM/Master (need not be current).
• Minimum of 5 years Offshore Marine Experience.
• Knowledge of UK Safety Case and PFEER requirements and UKOOA EER Guidance.
• Knowledge and experience of various Semi-Submersible Ballast Control procedures.
• Knowledge and experience of Emergency Response of Semi-Submersible Ballast Control procedures.
• Knowledge of Jack Up Marine procedures.
• Knowledge and experience of Offshore and Onshore Emergency Response procedures including the management of Major Emergencies.
• Good communications, presentation and teaching skills.
• Qualified as an assessor.