Offshore Crane Operator Stage 1
Why should I take this course
By obtaining a Maersk Training Offshore Crane Operator certificate, course participants will have a global understanding of their responsibilities as crane operators giving them the flexibility which accompanies a globally recognizable certification.
First stage of the Maersk Training Offshore Crane Operator Programme (OCO) is conducted in a full mission K-Sim Offshore Crane Simulator or at premises of client.
The course consists of both a theoretical and a practical module, which cover, but are not limited to:
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of an offshore crane operator and the safety. implications attached to this role.
- Introduction to crane operation terminology.
- Identification and explanation of relevant legislation.
- Introduction to typical crane maintenance and inspection requirements.
- Understanding the main crane controls, safety devices, working limitations, associated hazards and safe work practices of an offshore crane operator.
- Practical operational training following a basic lifting plan via an offshore crane simulator.
To obtain the Maersk Training OCO Stage 1 certificate, course participants will throughout the course be given theoretical tests to confirm their understanding. Each test consists of min. 50 questions and has a min. pass mark set at 80%. The tests are open-book and incorporate a mix of multiple-choice, true or false & written answers.
The aim of this course is to provide course participants with little or no previous experience in crane operations with the basic knowledge and skills required of an Offshore Crane Operator.
Maersk Training OCO Stage 1 is NOT a formal assessment of competence and therefore successful completion of the course does not give entitlement to operate an offshore crane unsupervised
The quality of instructors was excellent.
Book your seat on one of the available sessions below
No results found