Are you our new Operations Manager for Middle East based in Dubai?
We are looking for a leader who has experience working with O&G Operators or Drilling Contractors to improve key competencies that are critical to Operators and Drilling Contractors to operate safe, reliable and efficient upstream drilling and production operations.
As a leader, you will engage with top executive levels and decision makers in the O&G industry to discuss operational issues and develop solutions to meet the operational training needs that bring value to Operators, Drilling Contractors and other O&G players which help to improve safety and operational efficiency. You will lead a team of employees and consultants across O&G, Maritime, Crane, Human Factors, Safety and Crisis Management expert Instructors to ensure quality delivery across all of our training solutions.
This role will directly report into the Managing Director of Eastern Hemisphere region based in Dubai.
In this exciting and challenging high tech advanced simulation training environment, you will gain experience leading the business through strategic growth while expanding our core business and developing solutions side-by-side with global Major O&G Operators and Drilling Contractors.
• Engaging with executive levels to develop and present technical training solutions and joining the business development managers when meeting with O&G clients
• Being an expert in technical areas such as drilling operations and / or process safety, bow-tie barrier management, production operations and other key technical areas in the O&G offshore business and having the ability to engage with customers in these areas.
• Leading and supporting development of training using immersive simulators and embedding client specific scenarios into training programs that specifically meet the clients unique needs
• Being a member of the Regional Leadership team and leading a diverse team of Instructors and consultants
• Holding P&L accountability for the operational delivery of Instructor training
• Demonstrating a positive work environment and supporting a team to develop and grow
• Delivering training in areas of expertise as and when required
• Working with the other Maersk Training Operation Managers across the globe to learn and share best practices and ensure continuous improvement in delivery of our training products and ensure it meets our global standards.
We are looking for
Dynamic individuals who has:
• Experience working with a major Operator or Drilling contractor in a leadership role
• A high comfort level working with executives to discuss engineering and technical solutions to close competency gaps and improve safety and operational efficiency
• Positive Leadership attitude with the ability to inspire and develop others
• Practical experience in drilling for oil & gas onshore or offshore in a supervisory position
• Desirable experience in deep water drilling
• Valid IWCF Well Control Sub Sea Supervisor Level Certificate or any comparable certification
• Mathematical skills and basic education sufficient to match engineering challenges
• Be fluent in English, both written and verbal