Are you our new Operations Manager in our Houston center?
Maersk Training Inc. is looking for a leader who has significant leadership experience to improve key competencies that are critical to our customers to operate safe, reliable and efficient. This role will directly report into the Managing Director of North America based in Houston, Texas.
The successful candidate will be part of our innovative company, constantly working with the development of new simulators and advanced technical training to improve operational performance and safety.
You will be a key player in the leadership team responsible for the delivery of all training across North America as well as provide Instructor training support across the Maersk Training global locations when needed.
Our new Operations Manager will be a seasoned and experienced leader from working in highly operational environments in managing multi-disciplined team of experts in this exciting and challenging high tech simulation environment. Maersk Training Houston operate within O&G, Maritime, Crane, Human Factors/Leadership, Safety and Crisis Management and Production Services.
The scope of this role will be to together with our lead instructors and SME’s to manage and lead the development and delivery of technical drilling & well control advice & competence development for our key Oil & Gas clients. Our new Operations Manager will also be driving change and optimization to ensure we take care of today and actively prepare for tomorrow so all activities are running smoothly and cost efficient
To drive change and lead an organization towards strategic growth and execution of its strategic initiatives with the management team.
You will be part of leading our business through strategic growth while expanding our core business and developing solutions side-by-side with global Major O&G Operators and Drilling Contractors to solve issues and improve key competencies for drilling and operational O&G professionals.
• As Operations Manager ensure day to day and plan long term to ensure activities are running smoothly and cost efficient.
• Together with our SME’s be a trusted advisor in to our customers in understanding and solving their problems in connection with competency and training.
• Lead the develop of customized training solutions to solve clients needs to improve competencies
• Leading development of training using immersive simulators and embedding client specific scenarios into training programs that specifically meet the clients unique needs
• Being a member of the North America Leadership team
• Holding P&L accountability for the operational delivery of Instructor training
• Being a Change Agent for driving strategic growth
• Leading a diverse team of technical O&G Training Instructors
• Demonstrating a positive work environment and supporting a team to develop and grow
• Being able to deliver training products as an Instructor for complex areas when needed and train other team members to deliver as needed
• Working with the other Maersk Training Operation Managers across the globe to learn and share best practices and ensure continuous improvement in delivery of our training products and ensure it meets our global standards.
• Pursing immersive simulators and embedding client specific scenarios into training programs that specifically meet the clients unique needs
We are looking for
Dynamic individuals who have:
• Deep leadership experience from working in highly operational environments driving change and optimization.
• A high comfort level working with executives to discuss solutions to close competency gaps and improve safety and operational efficiency
• Positive Leadership attitude with the ability to inspire and develop others
• Preferable Drilling Engineering, Production Operations background is a plus
• Be fluent in English, both written and verbal