A great opportunity to join a dynamic team of professionals in Maersk Training, Chennai.
As a part of a global conglomerate, the candidate will have an opportunity to perform in a challenging work environment, gain exposure and a chance to work in a good working atmosphere.
This role plays a key part of the delivery of accounting services in the business. The role would require a finance professional with 3 – 6 years’ experience preferably in accounts payable domain, who is responsible for a range of activities( monthly/quarterly/annually) related to accounting and reporting in a fast-paced environment which includes execution of purchase invoice and payments, sales invoices and cash applications, period end accounting entries, running month-end routines, making necessary GL adjustments, closing and finalisation of trial balance, consolidation\reporting of financial statements and performing post closure activities including account reconciliation etc.
• Accurate processing, coding and matching of invoices in accordance with APMM policies
• Liaising with global suppliers and internal business contacts (procurement\TMS coordinators) to resolve invoicing queries in a professional manner, on a timely basis
• Ensure appropriate invoice approvals and timely payments including clearing of relevant invoices
• Create and maintain supplier master data with up to date records
• Supplier reconciliations and analysis of aged creditors report with at most importance to clear the debit balance in the vendor accounts
• Handling all emails related to invoices and any other associated duties including scanning of invoices into Navision
• Ensure high-quality invoicing and collection procedures that comply with APMM policies
• Responsible for daily review of bank receipts and appropriate cash application treatment towards clearing relevant sales invoices
• Review aged debtors report and take necessary actions for timely collection and ensure that no overdues from our customers
• Create and maintain customer master data with up to date records
• Strong communication channels with all internal stakeholders and customers
General Ledger and Reporting:
• Process monthly journal entries
• Process and record asset acquisitions/capitalization/disposals
• Execute period end accounting activities in Navision
• Finalize trial balance and perform reporting activities in Onestream
• Perform balance sheet reconciliations and execute necessary GL adjustments (if necessary)
• Prepare schedules for statutory, internal audits and interacting with auditors
• Resolve queries from Group\EU finance team and root cause analysis
• Active engagement through calls with Group\EU finance teams during the month end
• Focus on ensuring 100% compliance to internal controls
• Contribute to process excellence by identifying improvement opportunities to make the process leaner and more effective
We are looking for
The ideal candidate would possess the following characteristics:
• Bachelor’s / Master’s in Finance / CA (Inter) / CWA (Inter) with 3 – 6 years’ experience.
• Advanced excel skills
• Prior experience in MS Dynamics & OneStream (preferable but not mandatory)
• High attention to detail and strong focus on quality
• Ability to work in fast paced environment and meeting shorter deadlines
• Ability to handle the role independently