Have you registered for the new WINDA database?
What is WINDA?
Due to recent changes in the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) standards, on 17 October 2016, GWO will launch a Global Wind Industry Training Records Database called WINDA.
WINDA is a global database designed with the primary purpose of verifying the certification status of GWO certified training providers and the training status of delegates who have attended GWO certified training courses.
How to register for WINDA:
All delegates who attend a GWO training course from 17 October 2016 onwards must create a user profile in the new WINDA database in order to obtain a personal WINDA ID number.
If you have not already registered, a WINDA ID number can be obtained using your private email address via: www.winda.globalwindsafety.org
You must use a private email address and not a company email address.
Your personal WINDA ID number will need to be supplied to your training provider prior to completing your training in order to receive a valid GWO certificate, which will be sent out via the WINDA system. Only certificates sent out by the WINDA system to your registered private email address are valid.
The main benefits of WINDA include:
- Employers will be able to use WINDA to look up and verify the training status of delegates.
- Delegates will be able to access personal verified information on the status and validity of training courses completed, e.g. to demonstrate their training status to current and future employers.
- Virtually eliminate the risk of fraud from non-certified Training Providers.
- Increase trust in competence records and validity of Training Provider’s certification status.
- Enhancing and complementing existing company and site safety management systems.
- Reduced compliance costs by avoiding repeated employee/contractor verification checks.
Any records of training that have been completed prior to 17 October 2016 will not be added to your profile. You will still need to present these certificates to your employer until you attend the Refresher courses, at which stage these certificates will be added to your WINDA profile.
For further information on the WINDA scheme, please visit: http://www.globalwindsafety.org/gwo/winda.html
You may also be interested in
See our other locations