Proficiency in Medical Care Onboard
This STCW course is designed to provide delegates with the required knowledge to allow them to take control of medical care onboard a ship. The course is delivered in accordance with Regulation A-V1/4 (4-6) of the STCW code and the Merchant Shipping (Training and Certification) regulations 1997.
The syllabus consists of a combination of practical and theory based modules.
Topics covered include:
- Patient management (general and specific)
- Medication, equipment and information
- Communicable diseases
- Wounds, injuries and the abdomen
- ENT, dental and ophthalmic
- The cardiovascular and respiratory systems
- Making a diagnosis