GWO Basic Technical Training (BTT) Mechanical
*Below prices are including WINDA Fee
The Basic Technical Training modules are targeted at candidates who have no previous experience of hydraulic, mechanical or electrical systems but may also be used to upskill candidates who have some knowledge of these areas in other spheres not specifically wind turbines.
Upon completion of the full GWO Basic Technical Training (BTT) delegates will possess an awareness of hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems, preparing candidates for working both on and offshore in the wind power industry.
- Mechanical introduction
- Mechanical Safety
- The principles of bolted and welded connections
- Use of manual tightening and measuring tools
- Hydraulic Torque and Tension
- Braking system
- Yaw System
- Cooling System
- Lubrication System
- Theoretical test
The aim of this BTT Mechanical Module is to give the delegates the knowledge and skills to carry out basic Mechanical tasks (supervised by an experienced technician) using safe working procedures and the correct PPE.
The BTT Mechanicalmodule shall ensure delegates are able to:
- Explain the main components, mechanical systems and the basic operation of wind turbines
- Explain risks and hazardsassociated with mechanics
- Understand the principles of bolted and welded connections and their inspection
- Demonstrate practical skills to use manual tightening and measuring tools.
- Demonstrate the correct use of hydraulic torque and tensioning tools
- Explain the principles of a gearbox
- Explain the function of the brake systems and demonstrate how to inspect them
- Explain the function of the yaw system and explain how to inspect it
- Explain the function of the cooling system and demonstrate how to inspect it
- Explain the function of the lubrication system and demonstrate how to inspect it
Course Fee in Esbjerg
- GWO WINDA registration fee is added to the price before the payment step in the online sale.
- Full day courses include breakfast and lunch.
- Half day courses include either breakfast or lunch.
- All courses include water, tea, coffee and basic refreshments during the course duration.
Course Fee in UK
- GWO WINDA registration fee included in price shown in the overview.
- Full day courses includes lunch.
- Half day courses do not include lunch.
- All courses include water, tea, coffee and basic refreshments during the course duration