GWO Enhanced First Aid Refresher
*Below prices are including WINDA Fee
The basic safety training is designed to provide personnel with the skills that will enable them to work in a safe manner in the wind industry and to meet emergency response training requirements for personnel new to the global wind industry. It is designed to accommodate personnel working both onshore and offshore. The aim of this module is to administer safe and effective first aid in the wind turbine industry/WTG environment in accordance with GWO First Aid training through theoretical and practical training.
Upon completion of the GWO EFA delegates will be able to administer safe, effective and immediate lifesaving and enhanced first aid measures to save life and give assistance in remote areas using advanced emergency equipment and medical teleconsultation.
After completion of the course, the trainee will have achieved skills and basic knowledge about:
- Legislation global and regional
- First aid guidelines ERC and AHA
- Risks and hazards
- Anatomy, structure, functions and symptoms
- Use of first aid principles in emergency situations
- Serious and minor illness and injuries
- Management of an incident
- Safety awareness in an emergency situation
- Emergency rescue team
- Primary and secondary incidents
- Life saving first aid
- A-B-C principles and primary survey
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and practice exercise
- AED safety procedures and correct use of an AED
- Managing minor and serious incidents
- Psychological first aid
- Demonstration of first aid equipments
- Scenario based training
- API connection types and ring gaskets
- Oilfield terminology
- Local and national legislation/risks/hazards
- Human anatomy and vital signs
- Chain of survival
- The importance of carrying out basic and enhanced first aid in a safe and sound manner
- Management of an emergency situation in an wind turbine generator environment
- Stopping catastrophic bleeding
- Establishing and maintaining an airway
- Supplementary ventilation
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Using basic and advanced first aid equipment in a first aid scenario
- Resuscitation • Primary and secondary survey
- CABCDE principle • Immediate life threatening illnesses
- Telemedical consultation and medical/rescue assistance
- Preparing the casualty for transfer to nominated evacuation/rescue point
- Immobilisation where required or other non-medical mitigation e.g. cooling gels
- Medical pain relief and the role of clinical governance
- Escorting the casualty to the nominated evacuation/rescue point providing continued Enhanced First Aid
- Acting as a leader in first aid situation
Course Fee in Esbjerg
- GWO WINDA registration fee is added to the price before the payment step in the online sale.
- Full day courses include breakfast and lunch.
- Half day courses include either breakfast or lunch.
- All courses include water, tea, coffee and basic refreshments during the course duration.
Course Fee in UK
- GWO WINDA registration fee included in price shown in the overview.
- Full day courses includes lunch.
- Half day courses do not include lunch.
- All courses include water, tea, coffee and basic refreshments during the course duration