LOLER Competent Person
To provide persons responsible for the planning and risk assessment of lifting operations with the:
- Required knowledge of Standards and Regulations which control the use of lifting procedures and lifting equipment using Safe Systems of Work
- Required competence and knowledge to mentor and coach lifting personnel in a lifting team
- Competence in correctly supervising a lifting team.
- The competence to inspect and use lifting equipment safely.
- Ability to plan a lifting operation including preparation of risk assessment
Theoretical training covering:
- LOLER regulations and their legal status as applied to lifting operations of all types
- LOLER regulations as used in the role of LCP
- Knowledge of the regulations underpinning LOLER - HASAWA 1974, PUWER 1998, MHSWR 1995.
- Recognized publications underpinning the Technical and Safe use of Lifting Equipment
- Rigging loft management and knowledge of the certification and control of various lifting appliances and accessories.
Practical training exercises:
- Practical planning and risk assessment documentation.
- Practical equipment control.
- Practical performance of lifting operation.
- Assessment of necessary lifting team competence
Upon course completion the participant should have acquired sufficient knowledge, skills and expertise which will allow them to go further with a final assessment as LOLER Competent Person.
Note: This course is training only and does not provide certification as LCP.