Business Leadership Development
The Target Group “Business Leaders” cover leaders in more senior positions/levels that lead teams, departments or business units. Business Leaders are delivering results by applying business insights across functions, knowing how to interact with other business units and internal- & external stakeholders to drive business results in a efficient and sustainable way.
There is quite a step from being a technical specialist to running a billion dollar unit – successfully. Maersk Training Operational Business Leadership Programmes provides on- & offshore senior leaders with latest insights and tools to master the fine balance of driving successful and sustainable business.
The Target Group
The Target Group “Business Leaders” cover leaders in or entering more senior positions. Often they lead teams, departments or business units. Business Leaders are delivering results by applying business insights across functions, knowing how to interact with other Business units and internal- & external stakeholders to drive business results in a efficient and sustainable way. Typically Business Leaders span over following levels: Experienced Functional Leaders, Business Leaders. Business Leaders could be On- or Offshore leaders with significant responsibility and personal responsibility for department or a business unit.
The program is 2 x 4 day face-to-face workshops. Plus pre-assignment, In-between assignments and optional post assignments. Development focus are on:
- The role & core responsibilities of being a Business Leader, The element of ensuring Engagement of the entire department or business unit.
- Strategic Thinking, Setting the Direction and mastering Strategy Execution.
- Business Financial understanding incl. own business critical finances,
- Business Leadership, leading the Leadership Team(s), Cross functional alignment, Development of own employees and own team
- Self reflection around the business leadership role and where to enforce and develop own leadership style to support corporate business ambitions as well as personal career aspirations.
- Personal Transition Coaching or Support to Leadership Team Coaching in Own Team can be an add on option (Not default included)
Examples of Business Leader Positions
- Oil & Gas Industry: Assisting Asset Managers, Asset Managers, Operations Managers, OIM´s, experienced Section/Team Leads and similar..
- Maritime Industry: Senior Officers with special interest in Business Insights, Fleet Managers, HSEQ Managers, Crewing Managers new MD´s etc…
- Ports & Logistics Industry: Operations Managers, HSEQ Managers, Crewing Managers new MD´s etc…
- Wind Industry: Site Managers, Senior Site Managers, Project Managers, Department Heads, new MD´s etc…
Key benefits from Business Leadership Development
Strategy Execution and Functional Leadership is uniquely tailored for functional managers with the objective to give participants a broader perspective on the interaction between strategy, finance and leadership.
This focus provides participants with both business understanding and the opportunity to apply the learning into own leadership role. Their ability to understand, execute and lead the company’s strategy will increase significantly. It is all about helping functional managers execute their job the best way possible.
The learning focuses on the challenges functional managers face and is a relevant next step in their leadership development. It enables them to be an active player in linking operational business with corporate strategy.
In addition the participants build strong networks during the programme and get the opportunity to share knowledge, test ideas and gain feedback from peers in their own organisation.