Advanced Coxswain Training (ACT) with Desktop Freefall Lifeboat Simulator
To augment on board drills and exercising program to maintain competence and confidence of coxswain, which supports compliance with the following:
- MODU Code MSC.1 / Circ.1486 Alternate Compliance Program
- SOLAS MSC.1/Circ.1578 Additional Special Drills
- Sub Paragraph 8.2 of the ISM Code
The training will consist of the following steps, delivered at Maersk Training facilities in Rio de Janeiro:
- E-learning on Virtual Marine LMS covering Equipment Familiarization, Mustering, Launching, Clearing Away, Survival and Rescue modules.
- CBT covering Pre-launch inspection (check the DAVIT, Boat and Engine Systems prior to launching a boat), including normal and fault conditions for each of the systems to be inspected.
- Simulation: with the use of VR headset and lifeboats controls which are the same as, or substantially similar to controls found in LSA compliant lifeboat., including custom hardware for release hook.