Anchor Handling Advanced
The purpose of the course is to give the participants a general understanding of the theory and practice in basic anchor handling operations including understanding of best practice and safety procedures in the offshore industry
- Theoretical lessons and practical exercises in simulators in basic anchor handling operations
- Company & industrial procedure training
- Planning and risk assessment of basic anchor handling operations
- Vessel layout
- Basic winch operation, layout and winch computers
- Anchor system calculations
- Correct and safe use of Triplex Shark Jaws & Karm Fork
- Correct use of Anchor handling equipment / wires
- Anchor systems with PCP
- Running and retrieving anchors with PCP
- Communication and teamwork between:
- Commanding officer and winch operator
- Bridge and rig
- Bridge and deck
- Ship handling, winch handling, problem solving and decision making
- Importance of experience feedback
Upon completion of the course:
- The participant should be able to explain company and industrial procedures in rig move operations.
- The participants should be able to exemplify planning and risk assessment of basic anchor handling operations.
- The participant should be able to describe a standard anchor handling vessel layout
- By use of simulators the participants should give examples of basic winch operations and use of winch computers.
- By use of simulator exercise the participants should be able to describe anchor system calculations.
- Upon completion of the course the participants should be able to describe and exemplify the safe use of Triplex shark jaws and karm forks.
- The participants should be able to exemplify correct and safe use of anchor handling equipment / wires.
- Upon completion the participants should be given a main idea of how to run and retrieve an anchor with PCP by use of simulator.
- By use of simulator the participants should exemplify correct communication and teamwork.
- By use of simulators the participants should demonstrate proper and safe ship handling / decision making. Exemplify safe winch handling and problem solving