API Qualified Offshore Rigger
The purpose of this course is to provide persons involved with rigging & slinging the necessary theoretical and practical knowledge of:
- Requirements for the marking of lifting components
- Pre/Post user control and correct storage of equipment
- Recommended Practice - per API RP2D 7th Edition
- Enterprise of Competence & end user equipment inspection
- Planning of lifting routes and lay down areas
- Eyebolts, Swivel hoist rings, Padeyes
- Shackles and Turnbuckles
- Definitions: Rigging equipment
- Rigging and Crane Blocks
Theoretical training covering:
- Calculation of lifting equipment capacities
- Safe job analysis and Risk Assessment planning
- Equipment strengths and weaknesses
- Slinging configuration
- Lift planning and risk assessment
- Lifting team basics
- Blind Lifts
- Slinging various types of load according to size, weight, shape and centre of gravity.
- Choosing the correct lifting equipment
- Visual check of slings (wire /fiber)
- Visual check of lifting accessories
The course participant will be able to:
- Give examples of the result of incorrect use of lifting components and how this can be avoided.
- Show knowledge of the regulations regarding marking, documentation, use, maintenance, daily inspection and discard criteria of lifting gear.
- Choose correct lifting equipment and show correct methods of use.
- Direct crane operations safely using radio & hand signals
- Develop and follow a lifting plan and risk assessment