This awareness course provides an overview of what asbestos is, the different types of asbestos and where they may still be found. It focuses on the hazards and risks associated with exposure to asbestos, risk control methods, and the procedures to be followed should asbestos be discovered or disturbed.
At the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Name the three main types of asbestos
- List the diseases caused by exposure to asbestos
- List some of the likely uses and locations for asbestos products in buildings
- Describe how to avoid the risks from asbestos
- Explain the general emergency procedures to be followed should asbestos be
- discovered or disturbed
- What is asbestos?
- History of asbestos
- Types of asbestos
- Exposure to asbestos
- Asbestos-related diseases
- Where is asbestos found?
- Risk control measures
- PPE and RPE
- Emergency procedures