Banksman Slinger Competency Assessment
To assess persons involved with rigging & slinging in the necessary theoretical and practical knowledge of:
- Requirements for the marking of lifting components
- Pre / Post user control and correct storage of equipment
- Discard criteria
- Relevant Maersk Oil procedures
- Enterprise of Competence & end user equipment inspection
To assess persons involved with signaling, via radio or hand signals, knowledge of:
- Correct use of radio and hand signal communication to ensure safe lifting operations.
- Planning of lifting routes and lay down areas.
- Safe Job Analysis & Risk assessment
Theoretical assessment covering:
- Calculation of lifting equipment capacities
- Safe job analysis and Risk Assessment planning.
- Equipment strengths and weaknesses
- Slinging configuration
Practical assessment covering:
- Lift planning and risk assessment
- Lifting team basics
- Blind Lifts
- Slinging various types of load according to size, weight, shape and center of gravity.
- Choosing the correct lifting equipment according to lift plan
- Visual check of slings (wire/fiber)
- Visual check of lifting accessories
Give examples of the result of incorrect use of lifting components and how this can be avoided.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Maersk Oil procedures regarding marking, documentation, use, maintenance, daily inspection and discard criteria of lifting gear
- Choose correct lifting equipment and show correct methods of use.
- Direct crane operations safely using radio & hand signals
- Follow a lifting plan and risk assessment.