Banksman Slinger LOLER
To provide persons involved with rigging & slinging with the necessary theoretical and practical knowledge of:
- Requirements for the marking of lifting components
- Pre / Post user control and correct storage of equipment
- Discard criteria
- Recommended practice –BS 7121, LOLER 1998
- Enterprise of Competence & end user equipment inspection
To provide persons involved with signaling, via radio or hand signals, knowledge of:
- Correct use of radio and hand signal communication to ensure safe lifting operations.
- Planning of lifting routes and lay down areas.
- Safe Job Analysis & Risk assessment
Theoretical training covering :
- Calculation of lifting equipment capacities Safe job analysis and Risk Assessment planning.
- Equipment strengths and weaknesses
- Slinging configuration
Practical training covering:
- Give examples of the result of incorrect use of lifting components and how this can be avoided.
- Show knowledge of the regulations regarding marking, documentation,use, maintenance, daily inspection and discard criteria of lifting gear
- Choose correct lifting equipment and show correct methods of use.
- Direct crane operations safely using radio & hand signals
- Develop and follow a lifting plan and risk assessment.