Banksman & Slinger
The course aims to provide persons involved with rigging & slinging with the necessary theoretical and practical knowledge of:
- Requirements for the marking of lifting components
- Pre / Post user control and correct storage of equipment
- Discard criteria
- Recommended practice - IMCA SEL 019 , LOLER 1998, API RP 2D
- Enterprise of Competence & end user equipment inspection
- Correct use of radio and hand signal communication to ensure safe lifting operations.
- Planning of lifting routes and lay down areas.
- Safe Job Analysis & Risk assessmen
Theoretical training covering:
- Calculation of lifting equipment capacities
- Safe job analysis and Risk Assessment planning.
- Equipment strengths and weaknesses
- Slinging configuration
- Lift planning and risk assessment
- Lifting team basics
- Blind Lifts
- Slinging various types of load according to size, weight, shape and centre of gravity
- Choosing the correct lifting equipment
- Visual check of slings (wire / fiber)
- Visual check of lifting accessories