Basic Rigger Course
To provide persons involved with rigging & slinging with the necessary theoretical and practical knowledge of:
Theoretical training covering :
Practical training covering:
- Planning and risk assessment of rigging operations involving various types of manually driven hoists
- Slinging various types of load according to size, weight, shape and center of gravity.
- Choosing the correct lifting equipment
- Visual check of slings (wire/fiber)
- Visual check of lifting accessories
- Performing a lifting operation using management of change where appropriate.
- Cross Hauling of load
A successful candidate will be able to: