Confined Space Entrant and Attendant
A staggering number of workers are killed or seriously injured every year in confined spaces due to lack of knowledge of the environments they are working in and the equipment they are working with.
This course is intended for participants who require the knowledge and safe working practices for reducing risks when entering or working in confined space environments.
Through a combination of classroom theory and practical exercises, the participants will gain the necessary knowledge in order to react and work within a confined space environment including the safe use of Self Contained Breathing Apparatus.
- Current legislation.
- Recognition of confined spaces.
- Dangers associated with confined spaces.
- The Human Respiratory System.
- Appreciation of the different types of atmospheres.
- Use of gas detection equipment in hazardous atmospheres.
- Diseases and personal hygiene associated with confined spaces.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment, i.e. ropes, harnesses and man riding hoists.
- Use of escape Breathing Apparatus sets.
- Different types of full working Breathing Apparatus and ancillary equipment.
- Pre-entry checks on equipment.
- Safe systems of work for entry into confined spaces.
- Methods of communication.
- Manning levels.
- Emergency procedures.
- Practical use of escape sets and full working Breathing Apparatus.
- Vertical entry and egress using a tripod and winch.
- Awareness of resuscitation equipment.
- Awareness of the need for periodic examinations of equipment.
- To provide the knowledge and practical experience to safely enter a confined space.
- To provide a thorough understanding of the dangers of confined spaces.
- To enable delegates to access, work and egress from confined spaces safely.