DNV Maersk Training Offshore Crane Stage 1
By obtaining a Maersk Training Offshore Crane Operator certificate, course participants will have a global understanding of their responsibilities as crane operators giving them the flexibility which accompanies a globally recognizable certification. The Maersk Training OCO Stage 1 is conducted in a full mission K-Sim Offshore Crane Simulator or at premises of client.
First stage of the Maersk Training Offshore Crane Operator Programme (OCO) is conducted in a full mission K-Sim Offshore Crane Simulator or at premises of client. The course consists of both a theoretical and a practical module, which cover, but are not limited to:
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of an offshore crane operator and the safety. implications attached to this role.
- Introduction to crane operation terminology.
- Identification and explanation of relevant legislation.
- Introduction to typical crane maintenance and inspection requirements.
- Understanding the main crane controls, safety devices, working limitations, associated hazards and safe work practices of an offshore crane operator.
- Practical operational training following a basic lifting plan via an offshore crane simulator.
The aim of this course is to provide course participants with little or no previous experience in crane operations with the basic knowledge and skills required of an Offshore Crane Operator. Maersk Training OCO Stage 1 is NOT a formal assessment of competence and therefore successful completion of the course does not give entitlement to operate an offshore crane unsupervised.