DNV Maersk Training Stage 3 OCO Assessment
To provide delegates with Offshore Crane Operator Stage 3 certificate.
Theoretical and practical exam to be completed offshore on-site
- Understanding of the crane operator’s responsibilities under LOLER, BS7121-1 and BS7121-11 regulations
- Written exam consist of 75 questions in categories and pass bar at 80%
- Practical exam consist of 5 lifts to and from supply vessel, questions in different categories
- Regulations and Safe Systems of Work
- Checks to be undertaken on the Crane
- Undertaking Crane Lifting Operations
- Correctly Respond to Crane Malfunctions and Alarms (Practical assessment only)
Through the calibre of response, the assessor can identify any areas of weakness in the operator’s knowledge of the equipment, safety systems or company operating procedures.
When the delegate passes the theoretical and practical exam, the delegate will be competent in carrying out all lift unsupervised and will achieve OCO Stage 3 certificate.