DP Vessel Maintainer Course (DPVM)
To give the student the following:
- Understanding of the theoretical and practical operation of DP systems.
- Technical understanding of the component parts of the DP and associated systems.
- An understanding of the limitations of equipment and the effects of equipment failures.
- An understanding of the limitations and the effects of incorrect operation of the systems.
- An understanding of work which can safely be undertaken with and without the help of equipment manufacturers, and more importantly, when to stop before affecting the vessels capability to perform DP operations or redundancy.
- The ability to fault find the DP system and its base components.
- An understanding of FMEAs and the philosophy of system redundancy.
- An improved ability to operate the Engine Room and DP equipment in a safe and competent manner.
- An understanding of MTS vessel design philosophy and MTS fundamentals.
- An understanding of cross connections and effect on redundancy.
- This course covers DP knowledge and vessel / Type Specific onboard equipment training.