Emergency First Aid in the Workplace
The purpose of this course is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills needed to provide safe and effective first aid treatment of injuries and illnesses in the workplace.
Course participants will be given instructions in the following topics:
- Roles & responsibilities of a First Aider.
- Assessing an incident.
- An unresponsive casualty who is not breathing.
- An unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally.
- Assisting a chocking casualty.
- External bleeding.
- Minor injuries.
Candidates will be able to:
- Understand their role and responsibilities as a First Aider.
- Conduct safe and effective
- First Aid
- Perform CPR.
- Identify various injuries and illnesses as well as provide
- The necessary treatment.
- Deliver appropriate after care.