G20 Fixed Mounted Crane Theory Module P-2.1
This training should give the participant sufficient knowledge to allow them to safely fulfill the practical training demands P-4.1
Pre-requisites for this course: G11 Banksman & Slinger Module O -1.1
To follow the documented safety training plan (as required by the Activity regulation) for operators of offshore cranes in accordance with rules on qualification requirements for the operation of cranes as determined by the Norwegian
Petroleum Directorate and the Norwegian Maritime Directorate
The training covers the theoretical safety training required for G5 Offshore cranes.
• The roles and responsibilities of those in charge of overseeing and performing lifting operations offshore.
• The laws, regulations, standards and user manuals regarding offshore crane operations
• Offshore crane construction and operation
• Offshore crane emergency operations and safety systems
• Load capacity, dynamic loads and limitations
• Load charts and indicators
• Procedures and demands when lifting personnel
• Wire rope use, maintenance, inspection and discard criteria
• Use maintenance, and inspection of hooks, blocks & sheaves
• Demands for basic safety, planning & risk assessment.