GWO Advanced Rescue Training Module 1-4 Combined
*Below prices are including WINDA Fee
The aim of this course is to enable the delegate to perform injured person rescue operations in a WTG nacelle, tower and basement, as well as hub, spinner and inside blade. Exercises are performed both in a team and as single rescuer by using industry standard rescue equipment, methods and techniques, which exceed those of GWO Working at Height. If you wish to book more than a single seat on a course in Germany, please contact Maersk Training in Esbjerg at Esbjerg@maersktraining.com
The GWO ART Combined Course (Modules 1-4) contains the following elements:
- Safety Instructions and Emergency Procedures
- Emergency Response Plan in Your Own Organization
- Evacuation Strategy
- Utilization of Cervical Collar
- Packaging the Injured Person
- Rescue Systems
- Rigging Setup Options
- Tower Evacuation
- Enclosed Space Rescue
- Rescue from Crawl Space
- Rescue Up
The delegate must be physically and medically fit to participate in the GWO Training. Valid GWO BST modules Working at Heights, First Aid and Manual Handling certificates are prerequisites for participation. Maximum weight: 120 kg
Both in team and as single rescuer, the training shall ensure that delegates are able to:
- Assess and determine rescue and evacuation strategies for various rescue scenarios, from the nacelle, tower (inside and outside), basement, hub, spinner and inside blade of a WTG
- Explain and demonstrate the selection of certified and structural anchor points
- Explain and apply the concept of lifting angle, angle factor and deviation
- Explain national and local requirements and/or procedures for helicopter rescue in an WTG
- Explain and control common risks of hazardous energies and common hazards of enclosed space areas
- Apply rescue methods and techniques in performing descending and ascending rescue operations using a rescue stretcher and spineboard, manually and power-driven rescue system
- Fit a harness and other PPE onto an injured person, in an enclosed space
- Package an injured person on a rescue stretcher and spineboard in a vertical or horizontal configuration to enable safe transportation
- Manually transport an injured person on a rescue stretcher or spineboard - in a balanced way
- Change directly from balancing a suspended injured person from a horizontal position to a vertical configuration
- Perform rescue operations, in the nacelle, tower, basement, hub, spinner and inside blade, using the casualties personal fall protection as well as safe and suitable anchor points
- Act as the informal rescue team coordinator
- Perform clear and precise communication in a stressful rescue operation
- Apply clear communication to emergency responders
- Transport an injured person horizontally over the length of the turbine and to a higher platform
Course Fee in Esbjerg
- GWO WINDA registration fee is added to the price before the payment step in the online sale.
- Full day courses include breakfast and lunch.
- Half day courses include either breakfast or lunch.
- All courses include water, tea, coffee and basic refreshments during the course duration.
Course Fee in UK
- GWO WINDA registration fee included in price shown in the overview.
- Full day courses includes lunch.
- Half day courses do not include lunch.
- All courses include water, tea, coffee and basic refreshments during the course duration