GWO Manual Handling
*Below prices are including WINDA Fee
The Global Wind Organisation (GWO) Basic Safety Training (BST) is designed to provide personnel with the basic skills that will enable them to work in a safe manner in the wind industry and to meet emergency response training requirements for personnel new to the global wind industry.
It is designed to accommodate personnel working both onshore and offshore.
After completion of the course, the delegate will have achieved skills and basic knowledge about:
- The importance of carrying out Manual Handling work duties in a safe and sound manner in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic location.
- Identify aspects of their job tasks that could increase a worker’s risk of developing muscular/skeletal injuries.
- Demonstrate understanding of safe practices of Manual Handling, including the correct handling of equipment.
- Identify signs and symptoms of injuries related to poor Manual Handling techniques and have knowledge of reporting methods.
- Demonstrate a problem solving approach to Manual Handling in a wind turbine environment.
- Demonstrate Manual Handling risk reduction techniques.
The aim is to give the participants awareness through theoretical and practical training to encourage positive Manual Handling behaviour.
Perform Manual Handling activities in a safe manner in the wind turbine industry in accordance with Global Wind Organisation (GWO) Basic Safety Training (BST) Manual Handling standards.