GWO Sea Survival Refresher
*Below prices are including WINDA Fee
Upon completion of the Global Wind Organisation (GWO) Basic Safety Training (BST), delegates will possess an awareness of the hazards encountered when working within the wind industry and how to control and mitigate these hazards.
This GWO Refresher course will equip participants with the knowledge, skills and confidence to appropriately respond in the event of an emergency and to increase their safety through proper use of Personal Protective Equipment, emergency equipment and procedures.
This GWO Sea Survival Refresher module shall ensure that:
- Delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of dangers and symptoms related to hypothermia and drowning.
- Delegates are able to demonstrate safe transfer from vessel to dock, vessel to foundation and vessel to vessel.
- Delegates are able to demonstrate understanding of the advantages and limitations of the different Life Saving Appliances (LSA), Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Personal Fall Protection Equipment (PFPE) commonly used offshore in the wind energy industry and are able to don and use them accordingly.
- Delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of the emergency and safety procedures on installations, vessels and Wind Turbine Generators.
- Delegates are able to demonstrate recovery and First Aid treatment of a “man over board”.
- Delegates are able to demonstrate evacuation from the mock Wind Turbine Generator to the water by using a rescue device.
- Delegates are able to demonstrate individual and collective survival techniques at sea.
This GWO Sea Survival Refresher module is to review and build on previously gained knowledge and skills through open questions and practical training.
Delegates shall be able to act safely and take the correct preventive actions in all aspects of offshore operations from shore to installation vessel or Wind Turbine Generator, and vice versa, both during normal operation and in an emergency in an offshore wind turbine environment.