GWO Working at Height and Manual Handling Combined
After completion of the course, the trainee will have achieved skills and basic knowledge about:
- The hazards and risks associated with working at height, specific to wind turbine generators.
- Have an understanding of current national legislation regarding working at heights.
- PPE identification, including identification of European/Global standard markings e.g. harness, helmet, lanyards etc.
- PPE inspection, service, store and don the relevant PFPE, e.g. harness, lanyards, vertical fall arresters and work positioning equipment.
- The use of the relevant PFPE, e.g. harness, lanyards, vertical fall arrest system and work positioning equipment.
- The correct identification of anchor points and correct ladder conduct.
- Safe evacuation and use of evacuation devices.
- Rescue situations in wind turbine generators and use rescue equipment efficiently.
- The importance of carrying out Manual Handling work duties in a safe and sound manner in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic location.
- Identify aspects of their job tasks that could increase a worker’s risk of developing muscular/skeletal injuries.
- Demonstrate understanding of safe practices of Manual Handling, including the correct handling of equipment.
- Identify signs and symptoms of injuries related to poor Manual Handling techniques and have knowledge of reporting methods.
- Demonstrate a problem solving approach to Manual Handling in a wind turbine environment.
- Demonstrate Manual Handling risk reduction techniques.
Course Fee in Esbjerg
- GWO WINDA registration fee is added to the price before the payment step in the online sale.
- Full day courses include breakfast and lunch.
- Half day courses include either breakfast or lunch.
- All courses include water, tea, coffee and basic refreshments during the course duration.
Course Fee in UK
- GWO WINDA registration fee included in price shown in the overview.
- Full day courses includes lunch.
- Half day courses do not include lunch.
- All courses include water, tea, coffee and basic refreshments during the course duration