Hydrogen Sulphide, or H2S is a colorless, highly flammable and highly toxic gas, which is a common by-product found in many different industries. Accumulating in low lying areas, it may go unnoticed. In high doses, one breath can kill instantly. This course will provide delegates with the additional skills, knowledge, information, as well as equip them with the appropriate attitudes to enable them to identify and manage a H2S hazard, assess the risks and implement the appropriate control measures.
The course consists of the following modules:
- What H2S is and where it can be located.
- The additional names for H2
- Properties and characteristics of H2
- Parts per million (PPM) as a measurement parameter.
- Occupational exposure limits of H2
- Factors affecting individual susceptibility of H2
- HSE regulations.
- Types of detector equipment.
- Types of respiratory equipment – escape BA sets, self-contained breathing apparatus & cascade systems.
- Donning /doffing and operating escape set within 30 seconds.
- Donning /doffing and operating the self-contained breathing apparatus set.
- Rescue techniques for casualties.
- First aid treatment.
This course is designed to increase your awareness of how H2S is formed and where it can be found. It will also show you how you can protect yourself from exposure and give advice about what to do if an emergency should occur in your workplace.