IADC WellSharp Supervisor Level
The purpose of this course is to submit the understanding of well control techniques for surface and subsea BOP installations at driller or supervisor level according to new IADC WellSharp® standards.
This course helps us understand well control techniques for surface and subsea BOP installations at supervisor level according to International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC) Wellsharp standards.
The course covers the following topics:
- Well control awareness
- Basic well control concepts
- Mud and pit management
- Pre-recorded data
- Drilling fluids
- Kick prevention
- Shallow gas, shallow water flows and top-hole drilling
- Abnormal pressure warning signs
- Kick detection
- Well control drills
- Shut-in procedures and verification
- Post shut-in and monitoring activities
- Risk management
- Well control methods
- Surface well control equipment
- Subsea well control equipment
- Simulator and written tests
- Understand and apply the principles and procedures used in well control operations with Surface or Subsea BOP stacks.
- Use the equipment for well control operations with surface or subsea BOP stack.
- Increase well control understanding by use of the simulators.
- Show that a well control situation can be mastered by use of simulators according to IADC WellSharp standards.
- Obtain sufficient knowledge about the course content to pass three tests with minimum 70% score on each.