Maersk Training Enhanced Rescue
The Global Wind Organisation (GWO) Basic Safety Training (BST) is designed to provide personnel with the basic skills that will enable them to work in a safe manner in the wind industry and to meet emergency response training requirements for personnel new to the global wind industry. It is designed to accommodate personnel working both onshore and offshore
The aims of this course are to give the participants the necessary basic knowledge and skills through theoretical and practical training to use basic PFPE and perform safe work at heights, alongside safe and comprehensive basic rescue from heights in a remote wind turbine environment in accordance with Global Wind Organisation (GWO) Basic Safety Training (BST) Working at Heights standards.
After completion of the course, the trainee will have achieved skills and basic knowledge about:
- The hazards and risks associated with working at height, specific to wind turbine generators.
- Have an understanding of current national legislation regarding working at heights.
- PPE identification, including identification of European/Global standard markings e.g. harness, helmet, lanyards etc.
- PPE inspection, service, store and don the relevant PFPE, e.g. harness, lanyards, vertical fall arresters and work positioning equipment.
- The use of the relevant PFPE, e.g. harness, lanyards, vertical fall arrest system and work positioning equipment.
- The correct identification of anchor points and correct ladder conduct.
- Safe evacuation and use of evacuation devices.
- Rescue situations in wind turbine generators and use rescue equipment efficiently.