To provide an awareness of the health effects associated with noise and the control measures which should be in place to minimise exposure to noise at work.
- Describe the general characteristics and terminology of sound and noise.
- Describe the health effects of noise.
- Identify legislation related to noise at the workplace.
- Identify ways to control and prevent health risks due to noise.
- Characteristics of Sound
- Measuring Sound: Decibel Scale
- Frequency Weightings
- Physiology of the Human Ear
- Effects of Noise
- Identifying and Assessing Risks of
- Noise Exposure
- Control and Prevention of Noise
- Minimising Noise