Oil & Gas Production Advanced Operator
Oil & Gas - Operator course aims to give the participant knowledge and skills of the practical operation of a typical Oil & Gas installation. The course will give the participant practical understanding in the operation of the production facility. Further, the course will include procedures and work sequences which are vital to ensuring efficient and safe start-up and operation of an Oil & Gas plant. During the course, the theoretical education will be supported by a series of practical exercises on an oil & gas simulator, as well as discussions in the classroom.
- Operating wells
- Oil/Gas process and export
- Produced water treatment
- Gas processing
- Water injection
- Process related emergency situations
After completing the course, the participant should have detailed knowledge and understanding about:
- Wells and wellhead systems incl. ESP’s.
- WAG, design and philosophy
- Different production systems via manifolds and flow lines.
- Separator process and HC behaviour.
- Desalination (lowering the salt level in oil).
- Systems for lowering OIW content, incl. cyclones and degasser.
- Gas compression including separating liquids from incoming gas.
- Produced gas conditioning and treating (Glycol plant incl. regeneration).
- Drain, Flare and Vent system.
- Water injection plant.
- Fire water system, detailed functionalities and limitations.
- Chemical injection systems and the importance of Wax and Corrosion inh.
- Well handover, background and responsibility.
- Handling process related emergency situations.
- Specifications for oil export.