OPITO Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader (HERTL) Training
The aim and objectives of the Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader Training programme are:
- HERTLs to understand the importance of pre-planning for and the main elements of the response requirement for a range of helideck and helicopter emergencies.
- HERTLs to understand the importance of emergency response practice via onshore training and offshore drills.
- HERTLs to understand the requirement for different types of emergency response systems and controls.
- Understand how the limited emergency response capability on an NUI can affect NUI helideck emergency response.
- The roles and responsibilities of both the HERTL and the Helideck Emergency Response Team during a helicopter-related emergency.
- Understanding the human factors issues during emergencies and how to manage them.
- Leading the Helideck Emergency Response Team during a range of typical helideck simulated emergency scenarios – some of which involve live fires, in a safe and controlled manner.