OPITO Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader (HERTL) Training
The aim and objectives of the Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader Training programme are:
(1) HERTLs to understand the importance of pre-planning for and the main elements of the response requirement for a range of helideck and helicopter emergencies.
(2) HERTLs to understand the importance of emergency response practice via onshore training and offshore drills.
(3) HERTLs to understand the requirement for different types of emergency response systems and controls.
(4) Understand how the limited emergency response capability on an NUI can affect NUI helideck emergency response.
(5) The roles and responsibilities of both the HERTL and the Helideck Emergency Response Team during a helicopter-related emergency.
(6) Understanding the human factors issues during emergencies and how to manage them.
(7) Leading the Helideck Emergency Response Team during a range of typical helideck simulated emergency scenarios – some of which involve live fires, in a safe and controlled manner.