Wire Rope Inspection
- To give participants knowledge and ability to do end terminals on towing and anchor handling wires.
Upon completion of the course the participants will receive Certificate of Training in Resin Poured Wire Rope Socket Terminations, including practical assessment.
- To give participants knowledge and ability to inspect wire ropes according to IMCA’s recommendations.
Upon completion a certificate of training in inspection of wires according to IMCA’s recommendations.
- Half day: Re-socketing of wires
- Half day: Wires in general, MTS instructor
- One day: Inspection of wires, MTS instructor
- Actively take part in the socketing of the wire rope
- Actively take part in inspection of wire rope
- To be certified as competent person to do end termination
- All present would have a clear understanding of the procedures and methods involved.
- Wires in general
- Wire construction
- Safety factors
Inspection of wires:
- Theoretical use of IMCA’s guideline
- Practical inspection of selected samples
- Case studies: Reports from vessels with broken wires
- Correct use of wire rope records, MSS procedures.
- Upon completion of the course the participants will be able to inspect wire according to IMCA’s recommendations
- Upon completion of the course the participants will be able to adapt the relevant company procedures and wire rope records.
- Upon completion of the course the participants will be certified as competent persons to do end terminations.