Maersk Training, a global leading learning provider to the oﬀshore industry, is looking for an ambitious and dynamic Operations Manager. We are looking for a person with potential, ability and willingness to pass on experience and competence.
An exciting and challenging high tech simulation environment, that is also strong in the Human Factors part of learning.
The scope will be to develop, manage and deliver technical drilling & well control advice & competence development for our key Oil & Gas clients. The successful candidate will be part of an innovative company, constantly working with the development of new simulators and advanced technical training to improve operational performance and safety.
- Project management
- Advanced simulations applied both in advice and in well planning
- Prepare/follow work procedures/instructions and work routines, and implement and familiarise the staff with these
- Manage and lead the operations department; personal development of the instructors, employment of new instructors, conducting performance appraisals, optimize utilisation
- Ensure timely update and upgrade of the department’s course portfolio, documentation, equipment, simulators, course descriptions etc.
- Establish and maintain high quality external consultant network.
- Develop and conduct high quality courses
- Take part in the planning of activities and planning of resources
- Maintain positive customer and subcontractor relations
- Maintain and extend a professional contact with national and international education centres, affiliated companies and authorities
Who we are looking for
Dynamic individual who has:
- Preferable Drilling Engineering background
- Practical experience in drilling for oil & gas onshore or offshore in a supervisory position, and i.e. rig manager or similar
- Preferable high pressure and high temperature drilling experience
- Desirable experience in deep water drilling
- Preferably a valid IWCF Well Control Sub Sea Supervisor Level Certificate or any comparable certification
- Mathematical skills and basic education sufficient to match engineering challenges i.e Bach. of science or equivalent Experience in acting with multi-cultural groups
- Be fluent in English and Norwegian both written and verbal
For further information, please contact: Wilhelm Mohr via WMO001@maersktraining.com